Todd Chilton lives and works in Chicago, IL. Solo exhibitions include Steady at Feature Inc., Angled at Rhona Hoffman Gallery, Evens at the Central Utah Art Center, Tony Wight Gallery, Lawrence University, and The Suburban in Oak Park, IL. Recent group shows include Self-referral Nonobjective at Feature Inc, bodybraingame at Rhona Hoffman Gallery, Devening Projects + Editions, the Hyde Park Art Center, Baer Ridgway Exhibitions, Dolphin in Kansas City, Bellstreet Projects in Vienna, Austria, and the Glassell School of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. He earned an M.F.A. from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in 2005.
- Born: Chula Vista, CA. 1977
- Lives and works in Chicago, IL
Solo & Two-Person Exhibitions
- 2014 Feature Inc. New York, NY
- 2012 Steady, Feature Inc. New York, NY
- 2011 Angled, Rhona Hoffman Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2010 Evens, Central Utah Art Center. Ephraim, UT
- 2010 Plane Plain, Todd Chilton and Mike Peter Smith, Slow. Chicago, IL
- 2009 For January, Tony Wight Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2007 Wriston Art Gallery, Lawrence University. Appleton, WI
- 2007 Recent Paintings, Raw & Co Gallery. Cleveland, OH
- 2006 Jan van der Ploeg and Todd Chilton, The Suburban. Oak Park, IL
- 2006 Contemporary Art Workshop. Chicago, IL
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2013 Introductions..., Philip Slein Gallery. St. Louis, MO
- 2012 X-Centric, Geoffrey Young Gallery. Great Barrington, MA
- 2012 Where My Cones At?, Double Break. San Diego, CA
- 2012 Group Show, Rhona Hoffman Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2012 Big Youth II, Bourouina Gallery. Berlin, Germany
- 2012 New Formalisms 2, curated by Abraham Ritchie, 65GRAND. Chicago, IL
- 2011 Drawing Crazy Patterns on the Sheets, Geoffrey Young Gallery. Great Barrington, MA
- 2011 bodybraingame, Curated by Hudson, Rhona Hoffman Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2011 Self-referral Nonobjective, Feature Inc. New York, NY
- 2011 Works on Paper: Leslie Baum, Todd Chilton, Peter Fagundo and Cary Smith, Devening Projects + Editions. Chicago, IL
- 2010 Ps & Qs, Hyde Park Art Center. Chicago, IL (Curated by Shannon Stratton and Jeff M. Ward)
- 2010 Paper!Awesome!, Baer Ridgway Exhibitions. San Francisco, CA
- 2009 Censor Approved, Dolphin. Kansas City, MO
- 2009 New/Now, Schoolhouse Gallery. Provincetown, MA
- 2009 Splits, Bellstreet Projects. Vienna, Austria
- 2009 Beautiful Form: new work by Zachary Buchner, Todd Chilton, Titus Dawson Polo, Steven Husby, Peter Shear, curated by Abraham Ritchie, 65GRAND. Chicago, IL
- 2008 Pattern, Hallway Bathroom Gallery. San Francisco, CA
- 2008 Paper Love, Devening Projects + Editions. Chicago, IL
- 2007 Young Moderns, Gallery of Contemporary Art, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, CO (Three-person show with Sarah Braman and John McEnroe)
- 2007 Struck, Carrie Secrist Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2006 Bentnames, Fifty50 Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2006 Ps & Qs, Glassell School of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Houston, TX (Curated by Shannon Stratton and Jeff M. Ward)
- 2006 Hope, Linda Warren Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2005 Summer Group Show, Contemporary Art Workshop. Chicago, IL
- 2005 Lookers, Heaven Gallery. Chicago, IL
- 2005 MFA Thesis Exhibition, Gallery 2. Chicago, IL
- Can I Come Over To Your House: The First Ten Years of The Suburban. Wisconsin: Poor Farm Press, 2009.
- Davenport, Bill and Michelle White. “A Conversation about Ps and Qs,” GlassTire.com, October, 2006. (PDF)
- Dluzen, Robin. “Todd Chilton: 'Angled' at Rhona Hoffman Gallery” Art LTD, January 2012.
- Gunn, Dan. “Scott Fife and Todd Chilton / Tony Wight Gallery,” Newcity Art, January 19, 2009.
- Johnson, Ken. “Self-Referral Nonobjective,” The New York Times, Friday, September 9, 2011. Page C24 (New York Edition).
- New American Paintings, Issue 101, Open Studios Press, 2012. pp 12, 30-33.
- Ridlen, Tim. “Beautiful Form / 65Grand,” Newcity Art, January 19, 2009.
- Schmerler, Sarah “Review: Self-Referral Nonobjective” Time Out New York, September 21, 2011.
- Tranberg, Dan. “Exhibition of Todd Chilton paintings at Raw & Co features geometric works,” The Plain Dealer, September 21, 2007. (PDF)
- Utter, Douglas Max. “Buying Time,” The Cleveland Free Times, Vol 15, Issue 17. August 29, 2007. (PDF)
- Viera, Lauren. “Digital Bits With Real Bite,” Chicago Tribune, June 09, 2011.
- 2005 MFA, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- 2002 BFA, Brigham Young University